Saturday, November 7, 2009

what the future will bring




I do not know what will happen in the future

but I do know what has happened in the past..

I am not so proud of my past, to tell you the truth..

but I am thankful that Allah has lit me the way...


the only ones who i used to know are those who graced the hollywood and MTV

the only universe i surrounded me was the ones that only dimmed it further


words that enlighten me were the literatures of the yesteryears,

the fantasy of commercial interest


It was the 90's and the world was bedazzled with Mariah carey...the boybands and the girl bands

it was the era of backstreet boys, n sync and of course spice girls

Albeit the alternative rock music stood beside me, with the likes of Oasis, Blur, Nirvana ...


While not to forget the ever genius Sherlock Holmes, the writings of George Orwell,

the splendid trilogy by J.R. R. tolkien had kept me enthralled

lest not also to mention the fluffy Sweet valley high series, and the intriguing writer Frederick Forsythe


but Allah has guided me as I grew older...


no longer did I watch the artisttes in awe..

Now something else had replaced it...


Something much more meaningful to me...

It was the day that I discovered true meaning of life...


I finally had a sense of grip in this forsaken trip called life...

It starts with realizing that Allah is our god and we are slaves of Him


Rise upon the glorification are those who deserve its place

Then, the names such as Hassan Al Banna,

Yusuf Al Qaradawi..

Sheikh Bin Baz,uthaimin

Sheikh Ahmad Yassin...


then from the yesteryear,..

ibn taimiyyah

the muhaddith...


and the contemporary...


It was an enlightening journey during my student years...All was so perfectly in place..

Yet, it was all too theoretical and academic...

and I have gotten lost how to piece it together as I embrace the working environment..

what more since now it is in the hospital...

but what I am certain is that...
I am truly grateful for Allah's Grace

Ya Allah, Please Give me Guidance Always...

No comments: